Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Futax
Regular MemberPosts: 175Gear list
Like?
SPP Won't Run At All
2 months ago

I hope someone can help me out here: I've just purchased a DP2M, have downloaded SPP 5.5.3 and 6.0.2. Neither will open properly - the window appears, partially populated, but then subsides into "not responding". I've even tried SPP 5.4.

I already have SPP 2.5 for my DP1, and that's fine. I'm running Vista with 2GB RAM and plenty of disc space. I contacted Sigma, and asked them if they'd had any similar feedback, but they repled with "No it is not a common complaint as not too many use Vista anymore, I don’t believe you will be able to convert the Merrill RAW images with Vista".

Has anyone successfully run recent SPP versions under Vista?  I can't believe all Merrill users have Windows 7 or 8.  And anyway, 5.5.3 is supposed to work with Vista (and XP, for that matter), according to Sigma's download page.

Whatever, I've got myself a problem.  I don't want to be restricted to in-camera jpegs.  It's such a pity that Sigma haven't got a simple "Raw-converter-and-nothing-else" piece of software which just converts Raws into tiffs.  From what I've heard on this forum, most people seem to use SPP for just that anyway.

Please help, somebody!

Futax's gear list:Futax's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Pentax K-m +1 more
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow