Teaser from Apple about where the new Photo app may be heading...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,571Gear list
Like?
Re: Teaser from Apple about where the new Photo app may be heading...
In reply to Joe Mitchell, 2 months ago

While the Photos application may never become a full-fledged Aperture replacement, the news that Aperture users will be able to import their libraries into the new Photos, along with the announcement of third-party extensibility and robust editing features, leaves us hopeful that not all is lost.

hm??

indicates exactly came to my mind when I reflected on the fact that this application should be dedicated to occasionally photo editing guys and PROs

these two groups have a tremendously different UI and workflow demand.

Occasionally and amateur "photo clickers" just want fast and easy to use one click options and more advanced editors want workflow optimization and multiple excellent editing features.

Including 3rd party APPs is surely nice - it is however better to have all necessary tools for photo editing built in.

My understanding would be that it is almost necessary to have these 3rd party APPs to get something out of it - but then who warrants that all works together?

I've had the very same story with LightRoom and SlideShowPro - fit's in in the Web Module and works most of the time nicely - most of the time means it crashes occasionally - not very satisfying - I'd rather want a solid release of these features from the tool itself.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
if you start to fight with a pig you'll end up mud-wrestling - the only difference is the pig will like it

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow