Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dick Lund
Contributing MemberPosts: 743Gear list
Like?
I have cancelled my pre order of the N1V3
2 months ago

I have decided to cancel my order for the Nikon N1 V3. I wanted this camera because of the 20 FPS shooting speed and use with my existing lens.

I am a true Nikon owner but I will list the reasons of why I have cancelled my pre order.

1 small micro card

2. Having to remove the grip for battery change

3. Removing of the EVF ALWAYS WHEN NOT IN USE. Misplacing of the covers from the camera and view finder. I feel these are easily lost and dropped.

4. The battery drain when the EVF IS ON AND IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT WHEN NOT IN USE IT SHOULD BE REMOVED. It should not be left on all the time as it will cause problems.

5. No way to use my sb 800 and 910 external flash's except with a slave. It's to bad they don't have a port for the external flash. I know I can configure a away to use these but for all of that it's not worth it to me.

6 tilting screen for me is of no use at this time . I use a camranger and it does not integrate with the N1.

7. As far as I can tell the N1 will not operate tethered to MYNIKON CONTROL SOFTWARE. This software is used with a laptop computer.

Don't get me wrong I am not bashing the N1 it just won't do what I want at this time.

I just feel as I have been following this thread and have posted questions I feel I should respond on my reasons at this time.

I will wait and see what is going to be developed on mirrorless lens in the future and then I may purchase.

Thank you for all who have responded to questions.

Dick

Dick Lund's gear list:Dick Lund's gear list
Nikon D100 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow