Mirrorless & DSLR Weight Comparison

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Lab D
Senior MemberPosts: 5,874Gear list
Like?
The truth vs. brand fans
In reply to wombat661, 5 months ago

wombat661 wrote:

All of you bring out the Micro 4/3 as an example to compare against APS-C sized sensor DSLR. You will have no disagreement from me or anyone that going to a smaller sensor size will reduce the weight and size of the gear. Mainly is the lens size that will be smaller and lighter. That is very obvious from looking at the numbers.

There is a reason why so many websites picked the M43 E-M1 camera of the year last year 9adn the E-M5 the year before that). There is a reason why DPReview has stated in several reviews there is virtually no noticeable IQ difference between M43 and APS cameras these days. There is a reason why when people picked the top 25 challenge winners here at DPReview 5 of the top 10 were taken by M43 cameras.

The worst thing you can do is listen to those who are here to promote their favorite brand and who show clear bias. Instead, read the unbiased reviews. Then look at the challenge winners and decide if that kind of IQ is good enough for you.

Also, for more help, here is a very well written article by a professional who uses Micro Four Thirds explaining why.

http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/blog/why-i-use-micro-four-thirds-cameras/

If you search you find many, many of these blogs from pros.

http://admiringlight.com/blog/why-i-switched-to-micro-43/

You are going to get a lot of fear, uncertainty and doubt from the usual brand fans here, but instead go to respectable sites and get the truth.

Lab D's gear list:Lab D's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow