Started 2 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Graham Whiles
Forum MemberPosts: 87
Like?
Image quality from G1X MKII
2 weeks ago

Could folks offer me their opinions and advice please ?

I've fairly recently bought a G1X 2 and as yet haven't really had the opportunity to use it in anger so my shots so far are mainly around the house and my immediate environment. However recently I went to an awards ceremony for my daughter. I wanted to take a picture of her with a certificate she had got and knowing so little about the camera thought the safest option to guarantee me good results (as I thought) would be auto (so JPEG) with the flash on. The images I don't think are very good at all. Please take a look at the following link. When magnified at 100% there seems to be virtually no detail where there should be. M daughters hair for example seems very 'smudged' lacking in any definition or focus.

Now I appreciate that I've only just got the camera so am not at all used to it but I would consider myself a reasonable competent photographer and would expect far better results. Is it a case of user error, what would anyone suggest to improve image quality ?

Many thanks in advance of peoples replie.

Here is just one of the images:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42030022@N04/14328696768/

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow