Just another Canon shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 4,115Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless & DSLR Weight Comparison
In reply to Old Listener, 5 months ago

Old Listener wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Old Listener wrote:

Your comparison may be relevant to your specific uses.

He is comparing systems with the same capabilities, as simple as that. You are not.

From your other posts, it appears that you don't feel that an m43 system can offer the same capabilities.

No kidding!

So far, the G6+Panasonic 100-300mm lens has been a better practical solution for wildlife photos than either Nikon setup I had.

That offers the same capabilities as FF??? There is an active thread here about how great another m43 telephoto lens is. I do not want to get involved in that thread but I can say it here - the IQ is pure junk.

Going back to the OP, which m43 system has the capabilities of, say an f/2.8 zoom on FF? Or even of an f/4 zoom?

I doubt that the new Nikon 80-400mm or the Tamron 150-600mm lens would be much better or either Nikon body.

Well, if you doubt it, it must be true. The Tamron is 600/6.3 vs. 600/11 for the Panasonic. How is that the same capability?

I'm way ahead on the capabilities I need.

I would not argue with that.

This thread degenerated faster than usual. Read the OP again. He would not go lower than f/2.8 zooms on FF or APS-C. He dismissed m43 outright.

Just another Canon shooter's gear list:Just another Canon shooter's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow