Mirrorless & DSLR Weight Comparison

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,839
Like?
No sand to hide in.
In reply to The Incredible Hoke, 5 months ago

ShawnHoke wrote:

the reality the size is not that different when you compare camera to camera and not a grip.

Size matters

Funny, I'm a DSLR user. Have been for years and years and wil continue to be. However, I'm not going to hide my head in the sand and pretend there isn't a difference in size compared to mirrorless. I can and will happily shoot both. I purchased the a6000 because I need occasional video for work. I don't buy toys or fall for the latest and greatest gear. If I did, I wouldn't still have a D700.

But to your point - sure if you take the grip off the D700 is smaller. But it's still much larger than the a6000.

Sure but in this picture can you suffer a 50mm at 5.6 and minimum 3.5 Fine if you can. But if you put a different lens on, the Sony would not fit in your pocket so there is little difference because you need a bag for either.

The  RX100ii has a faster lens. I guess I am not really for tween cameras. Either pocket or if not in pocked a bag and if in bag, might as well be dslr.

I am not saying smaller cameras don't have their place, but places between a phone, a rx100, and a dslr aps-c or ff, are going to be tweener and are going to struggle. A FF mirrorless like the sony may do well only time will tell because they have so few native lenses compared to aps-c or FF

D700 without grip compared to a6000.

It's even more lopsided when you consider thickness.

Top view

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow