Mirrorless & DSLR Weight Comparison

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
pannumon
Regular MemberPosts: 328Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless caught in the middle - smaller, but not small enough
In reply to quezra, 5 months ago

quezra wrote:

The funniest are the MFT fanatics who insist on their tiny cameras and lenses, but then find they need to carry 3 primes around with their f/2.8 zoom and a flash (just in case) just to get what one FF body + zoom will achieve without any thought. MFT has an advantage in tele reach no question about it, but in normal FL there is zero advantage, especially once you understand equivalence. Some of that thinking is clearly still present when they tout their f2.8 zooms as if those are just as versatile as FF kit lenses (they're actually slower).

Primes give you very nice IQ. Practically I never carry a flash, although I own one. This is absolutely against µ4/3 philosophy and I believe very seldom people actually do that. In general, either you carry primes or you carry a fast zoom. Anyway, the smallest pancakes are so small that you can carry 5 without noticing it.

I was surprised taking quite nice portraits in a candle light using a speed booster, a 50mm f/1.4 FD lens (speed booster makes the lens 35mm f1.0 (75mm f/2.0 full frame equivalent) and my friends E-M5 with IBIS (1/10 shutter speed was more than enough). I had was pushing it to ISO 3200, though.

pannumon's gear list:pannumon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow