Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pcassel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,975Gear list
Like?
What's This Trait Called?
3 months ago

I have a friend who used to enjoy photography and I think he was good at it too. However, recently he's moved into an odd phase which I will guess has a name but I don't know what it is. I'm curious if this does have a name.

Rather than use his equipment to create photographs, he will buy something, such as a new body or lens, then start 'testing it'. Of course, he can't really test things because he doesn't have a lab nor does he know the technicalities one needs to know to be a real tester.

Instead, he'll send me some snaps he took in various light at various ISO's and comment upon the noise he sees (but can't really measure) and then move on to other scenarios a photographer may encounter. After he runs out of test scenarios, he'll put aside the piece of equipment indefinitely never producing anything creative with it.

After a pause of maybe a month, he'll get something new and the loop repeats just as before. He doesn't sell the stuff he has tested and then put aside. He's just accumulating one heck of a collection.

Does this syndrome have a name?

-- hide signature --

-paul

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow