Mirrorless & DSLR Weight Comparison

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
pannumon
Regular MemberPosts: 306Gear list
Like?
JPEG-shooting on a DSLR?
In reply to peevee1, 2 months ago

peevee1 wrote:

Simply much fewer headaches, especially for JPEG shooters who will not spend many days after the trip reprocessing all the thousands of their pictures from RAWs.

By the way, how do people actually shoot JPEG-only on a DSLR? I am sure it's possible but... It's not just you don't see the image on EVF as it would be directly BEFORE you take the image, but you don't see it automatically AFTERWARDS, either? I don't get what's the point of high burst rate (jpeg-only) if you have no idea how the images look like, e.g. if they are all blurred? On a bright light you remove your eye from the OVF and look the LCD and the histograms and try to see if the colors are right? Or do you always use a gray card?

My point is not that DSLR's are bad, but that the way of shooting is very different on a DSLR and a mirrorless. Ultimately, these camera types should not be compared directly.

Just to make sure, I am a mirrorless user and shoot mostly RAW.

pannumon's gear list:pannumon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow