To confirm, "One Shot" AF mode just mean it automatically shoots once best focus is detected?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CreeDo
Contributing MemberPosts: 728Gear list
Like?
To confirm, "One Shot" AF mode just mean it automatically shoots once best focus is detected?
5 months ago

...and therefore, One Shot mode is pointless with back-button focus since the back button will not fire the shutter?

For now I'm in AI servo all the time since I lose that One Shot functionality. But a few seem to feel one shot focuses better on still objects than Servo, and don't even mention the automatic shutter firing. Like it just uses a different focusing method/algorithm.

Can anyone confirm this? Or is everyone pretty much just guessing? I see no reason to go out of AI servo unless the shifting focus bugs me and I prefer BBF that picks a focus, and then stops until I release the button and press it again. So far, it doesn't bug me.

Another related question, any issue at all firing the shutter mid-focus? Can this actually make things blurrier? I tend to fire while the back button is still pressed, because in servo mode it's constantly updating, and I want as little delay as possible between the most recent focus and the firing of the shutter.

CreeDo's gear list:CreeDo's gear list
Canon EOS 1200D Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow