PIX 2015

To confirm, "One Shot" AF mode just mean it automatically shoots once best focus is detected?

Started Jul 9, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CreeDo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,363Gear list
Like?
To confirm, "One Shot" AF mode just mean it automatically shoots once best focus is detected?
Jul 9, 2014

...and therefore, One Shot mode is pointless with back-button focus since the back button will not fire the shutter?

For now I'm in AI servo all the time since I lose that One Shot functionality. But a few seem to feel one shot focuses better on still objects than Servo, and don't even mention the automatic shutter firing. Like it just uses a different focusing method/algorithm.

Can anyone confirm this? Or is everyone pretty much just guessing? I see no reason to go out of AI servo unless the shifting focus bugs me and I prefer BBF that picks a focus, and then stops until I release the button and press it again. So far, it doesn't bug me.

Another related question, any issue at all firing the shutter mid-focus? Can this actually make things blurrier? I tend to fire while the back button is still pressed, because in servo mode it's constantly updating, and I want as little delay as possible between the most recent focus and the firing of the shutter.

CreeDo's gear list:CreeDo's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow