Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Giovanni_1968
Senior MemberPosts: 1,195Gear list
Like?
D800 secure shooting speed
3 months ago

This camera is very picky and I am not the best photographer at all but, damn, shooting speed has a whole different meaning from my old and beloved Fuji S5 where the reciprocal focal length rule used to work fine; I got the very nice (not a speed demon but ok) 85/1.8 and started shooting at 1/160th, no way, raised to 1/200 and got better but sometimes I can still find some micro movement and my hands are still steady, raised further to 1/320 and things seem to go much better...

What is your experience with this camera vs shooting speed? I thought since the beginning, but that's just my very amateur idea, that this is a studio camera to be used on a tripod and remote shooter to get the best out of it...

-- hide signature --

Giovanni
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/
FujiS5 Nikon D800 Panasonic L1 shooter

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmarit 14-50mm F2.8-3.5 ASPH Mega OIS +7 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow