Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
PicOne
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,534
Like?
Re: Simon gave you the answer
In reply to Marti58, 1 week ago

Marti58 wrote:

123Mike wrote:

I decided to try it again after many weeks. STILL that silly 20 mega pixel limit? Why???

Now every time I wish to make a post where I want to show a full resolution image from my A6000 I have re-upload the same photo again and again! Not only does this take longer, it also wastes storage space on your end.

And in the end, all that it's likely is, is only silly little set of constants and a text update in the code of this site...

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53712217

*ahem.
This is because when we wrote the software in 2008 we 'future proofed' it...but not enough.
I'll find out if changing this is trivial or not (and will change it if it is) - otherwise you'll need to wait until we launch the 2nd generation of our gallery system (maybe later this year).

SJ*

rgds Marti

sorta..  you're kinda left thinking Simon would have circled back to indicate whether he found changing the limit was "trivial or not".   We're inferring that it must not have been determined a trivial change, since limit seems the same.  Or, maybe he forgot to ask his IT guy? 

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2*
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

-- hide signature --

'Everything in photography boils down to what's sharp and what's fuzzy.'
-Gaylord Herron

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BUMPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow