Goodbye 5d mk III , I loved you, but I need to move(810)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jglaser757
Contributing MemberPosts: 683
Like?
Goodbye 5d mk III , I loved you, but I need to move(810)
4 months ago

Goodbye my dear 5d mk III . You were my first "real" love. You were so quick and comfortable in my hands. I loved the way you felt. When we were together, we were "one in the same". You were the peanut butter to my jelly. Simply amazing and skilled in every aspect. Your resolution, dynamic range and AF were as real as it got. I even loved your previous model almost as much. You were my "King of the World."

I have decided its time to move on. We just don't see eye to eye anymore. I need more! You see, I have grown and you have remained static. You're not willing to change. You sit idly by while my new friend, Nikon, keeps growing. She will have upgraded quite a few times since you came to market. She knows that I need more and she is willing to give it me. She has more dynamic range now, a great AF system and, as you already know, more MP. She is willing to give me the resolution when I enlarge. You're not! And, she will feel better in my hand.

And, don't feel to bad. I'm sure you will get your chance to change and improve. I know you will eventually, but I am tired of waiting and the false promises. I hear whispers and rumors hear and there, but they are nothing more than that. I also know you are do for a "change" and I do believe it will happen by the end of the year. I cannot survive on the false promises. And based upon your past, I'm sure your price will be a lot higher.

However, I will never forget you. I will remember the fun we had in Maine, Oregon, and Yellowstone. I will never forget the time we traveled thousand of miles to banff national park, only to be flooded out for five days. I will also remember the time we got soaked under the waterfall in Iceland. Those were great memorable times!

Do I regret anything? Well, let's just say that I wish we had more resolution together. We could have printed so much lager than 32x48. It would have made all the difference in the world to me. I want to leave you with one final thought as you find a new home. Don't let the door hit you in the A$$.

love always,

Jon

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow