Cancelled my FZ1000 order for now.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Allan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Re: Cancelled my FZ1000 order for now.
In reply to phazelag, 3 months ago

I was tempted by the FZ1000 as well, but since it's Panasonic's first attempt at a 1" superzoom, I think I'll wait for the next version because there's too many things missing that I hope will be added in the sequel. These things include:

A second control dial in the front. It's already DSLR-sized so there's plenty of room for one. That, or put a control ring around the lens that can be configured by the user for different functions.

I also hope the next version will have a touchscreen. Panasonic's touchscreen interfaces are very, very good and it's a shame the FZ1000 lacks this.

A built-in ND filter would also be a very convenient addition to the next iteration.

Lastly, weather resistance would be nice. Superzooms are used by a lot of people as travel cameras, so it's nice to know that when the weather turns ugly, the camera can have a better chance of surviving due to the environmental sealing.

Allan's gear list:Allan's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Fujifilm X-A1 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow