A77M2 - Tamron 70-200 + Canon 500D close-up lens

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Diablorini
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
Re: A77M2 - Tamron 70-200 + Canon 500D close-up lens
In reply to craig66, 5 months ago

craig66 wrote:

They certainly do look pretty good. I notice you have a Sigma 150mm macro. Could you comment on how the IQ of the Tamron + closeup lens compares to that of the Sigma macro?

I have not tried to use this combo for "real" macro so I cannot provide a factual answer, yet.

I will try it one of the coming days, but given the low magnification ratio of the Tamron lens versus the 1:1 of the Sigma, and the outstanding IQ of the Sigma lens I do not think the Tamron + Canon 500D Diopter can beat it.

That said there are many upsides to the Tamron combo that surely works very well for close-up photography.

I will try to use it for actual macro work and post some comparison pictures of the subject using the Sigma and the Tamron combo at their closest focusing distance - it will be a few days though as I am away from home currently.

-- hide signature --

One image at a time I hope to one day master the art of imagery

Diablorini's gear list:Diablorini's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX1 IS Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow