Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marb67
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Almost impossible to get a sharp image in auto focus or manual with the RX10
3 weeks ago

I have to open a new thread on this because my last one dried up. Again, I have tried with a tripod, manual, hand held. Different apertures and I am getting images turned down from stock site Shutterstock because of fringing and focus. My Nikon D200 hardly ever failed on this so for stills I may have to go back to that. Video on the other hand is excellent so why can't the stills quality be the same ? It's the same sensor/lens.

In Lightroom you can't get rid of fringing as no lens profile. I have been informed that I should leave it to default and it will correct. It doesn't.

I am very happy with this camera for video but for stills I feel the reviewers were over rating it's capabilities because you have to take quite a few shots before you get near to what you want. I even took a landscape with a monument at 125 ISO F17 fast shutter speed and it came out so noisy and out of focus it was binned. Why noise at 125 ISO ?

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow