j_photo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,385Gear list
Like?
Re: Color Profiles: Try C1
In reply to MiraShootsNikon, 5 months ago

MiraShootsNikon wrote:

j_photo wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

I believe she uses Capture NX2 and sends TIFFs to Photoshop.

NX2--how I am going to miss thee. It's Nikon's end of support for NX2 that has caused me to delve into LR and PS. It's been a struggle so far, but I'm beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.

j_photo: in your migration from NX2, ever try or consider the Capture One raw converter?

One of the things that distinguishes Capture One from ACR / Lightroom: Capture One develops and renders RAW with a distinct, custom color gamut for each camera they support. It's an interesting philosophical difference with Adobe, one that contributes to *radically* different default results and adjustment "math."

(For what it's worth, I think the Capture One results tend to look a lot like punchy Nikon defaults--not necessarily my cup of tea, but I know some people love it.)

I have not tried Capture One. I'm waiting to see what Nikon's new NXD looks like when it is released (not Beta). I know it won't be a full solution for post-processing. But maybe the RAW converter will be worth a try.

j_photo's gear list:j_photo's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow