Have you wondered why Fujifilm increased contrast/ decreased DR in X-E2/ X-T1?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
illogical
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Have you wondered why Fujifilm increased contrast/ decreased DR in X-E2/ X-T1?
3 weeks ago

While I was clicking portraits of my nieces behind the windshield of my car, my X-E1 was unable to focus accurately due to low contrast in the scene then it clicked to my mind as why Fujifilm would have increased contrast or decreased DR in X-E2/ X-T1. The major complaints that Fujifilm was hearing from its customers was about slow AF so they made all best efforts to improve it and increase in contrast or decrease in DR is one of the measures they took.

Even if AF would have improved in X-E2/ X-T1, I will still pick X-E1 because I prefer more DR over a bit better AF. I understand that preferences change as per needs so yours might be different from mine

P.S. Well, while writing it, I just remembered that they have phase detect AF in newer cameras, well, I don't know, there might be a hybrid version of it.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Anurag Arora
http://www.aperture.in/

illogical's gear list:illogical's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +2 more
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow