5Dmk3 custom user settings - What do you set?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Flashollie
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
5Dmk3 custom user settings - What do you set?
2 months ago

So my new 5Dm3 arrived and i have been enjoying just snapping away and getting used to the feel etc over the last week. I have the 24-105 and 70-200 2.8. I am considering the new 16-35 f4 with IS.

As I shoot a bit of everything, landscapes, family portraits on days out and sports, I thought I would assign each CFn button to each genre of photography. Also useful for if I pass the camera to my girlfriend or daughter as they like to snap me. I can choose something quickly for the scene for them....

So those with experience of the 5D3 what are you standard preferences as a starter for each of these genres.

Obviously each situation will require tweaks to get a good exposure but what I would like to do is get a good ball park starter setting for; aperture, shutter speed, ISO and perhaps more importantly the slightly slower to alter; white balance though I suspect I will leave that as auto for now, metering, AF servo,AF servo one shot center point all points max iso and all those pictures styles - are they worthwhile in jpeg?etc

I will always shoot raw to the CF and I think, the jpeg for easy and speed of handling later to the SD does this sound wise? or would this affect the length of burst in sports.....

I realize this is very subjective to each person and what they are trying to get from their photos, but to prompt a discussion here will help me start out and help me think..

Thanks in advance.

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow