Cancelled my FZ1000 order for now.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
halfwaythere
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?
Re: Not Trolling. Lots of good stuff being talked about.
In reply to phazelag, 2 months ago

phazelag wrote:

halfwaythere wrote:

I'm still trying to decide if this thread is pure trolling or a diversion meant to draw attention to the nikon 1 system.

I don't think Nikon will sabotage their 1 system by introducing a fixed lens alternative. They have enough problems as it is since their are selling most of their 1 products at firesale prices.

This isn't trolling. My interest in the Nikon 1 system is based on the 70-300 CX lens. Which is 189mm to 810mm equivalent. The reason I posted in this Forum is because there plenty of people here who photograph birds who see the potential of that combo for birds and bugs.

I realize the P700 rumor is far fetched. But there are plenty of people here who would still welcome a true super zoom with a decent reach. I can't afford the Nikon 1 V3 with that lens right now. The FZ1000 is more in line with my price and will meet many needs for me, but I am still baffled that High quality Superzoom from any company that could beet my FZ200 is still not out. Yes the the FZ1000 is superior in lots of ways, but I still welcome a brand who makes maybe a 2/3rds sensor with 1000mm in high quality.

If you look at my gear, my galleries, my challenges, I am not here to troll. I am here like everyone else to talk the merits of equipment. I would love for a company to pay me, but thats not happening.

I suggest you re-read the title of this thread. If that's not a cry for attention I don't know what is. And the fact that you base your argument on an unsubstantiated ludicrous rumor doesn't really help your claim that you're not trolling.

You either have a severe physics understanding deficiency that lets you believe that a manufacturer would build a product so ridiculous or you simply don't need the FZ1000. Either way it's not something worth sharing on the internet.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow