Cancelled my FZ1000 order for now.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,786Gear list
Like?
Not Trolling. Lots of good stuff being talked about.
In reply to halfwaythere, 5 months ago

halfwaythere wrote:

I'm still trying to decide if this thread is pure trolling or a diversion meant to draw attention to the nikon 1 system.

I don't think Nikon will sabotage their 1 system by introducing a fixed lens alternative. They have enough problems as it is since their are selling most of their 1 products at firesale prices.

This isn't trolling.  My interest in the Nikon 1 system is based on the 70-300 CX lens.  Which is 189mm to 810mm equivalent.  The reason I posted in this Forum is because there plenty of people here who photograph birds who see the potential of that combo for birds and bugs.

I realize the P700 rumor is far fetched.  But there are plenty of people here who would still welcome a true super zoom with a decent reach.  I can't afford the Nikon 1 V3 with that lens right now.  The FZ1000 is more in line with my price and will meet many needs for me, but I am still baffled that High quality Superzoom from any company that could beet my FZ200 is still not out.  Yes the the FZ1000 is superior in lots of ways, but I still welcome a brand who makes maybe a 2/3rds sensor with 1000mm in high quality.

If you look at my gear, my galleries, my challenges,  I am not here to troll.  I am here like everyone else to talk the merits of equipment.  I would love for a company to pay me, but thats not happening.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow