e-m10 or e-m5

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
NowHearThis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,310Gear list
Like?
E-M10, but both are great little cameras.
In reply to Yeyo, 4 months ago

Yeyo wrote:

Hello all I'm going to be buying a Mirrorless camera soon and been looking at olympus e-m5 and em-10 I want the camera to do events and as a walk around camera where I live is a an island with beaches and tropical forest and urban areas. My question is this should I buy the e-m5 for the wather sealed feature or the e-m10 for the timelapse feature? Prices right now are e-m10 $699, e-m5 $799 any opinions?

You should be able to decide for yourself now which you'd be better off with.  I went with the E-M10.  The E-M5 was never really a consideration for me.  I have never needed "weather sealing" or a "splash proof" camera in the 23+ years I've been shooting.  I've shot in dusty conditions, light rain (drizzles), freezing temperatures, and everything I've owned has worked great.  Others might shoot in even more adverse weather conditions and need a better sealed camera/lens combo, YMMV.  The 5 axis IBIS would be nice, but after using the 3-axis IBIS in the IBIS on the E-M10, I don't see ever needing it for what I do, again YMMV.  I do like the look of the E-M10 more then the 5, the viewfinder hump looks much better.  The E-M10 feels every bit as solid as my Magnesium-bodied NEX7, and it even feels better built then my A65.  I like the CA correction of the E-M10 as I shoot 90% JPEG as well as the 0 second Anti-Shock feature (Shutter shock was the only reason why I didn't pick up a M43 4 years ago).

Anyway, I've only had the E-M10 for a few weeks now and It's been a very fun camera and will undoubtedly be for years to come.  The hardest choice is lenses... so many good ones, and not enough cash on hand

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EM-5New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow