Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Old Listener
Regular MemberPosts: 390Gear list
Like?
m43 vs. Nikon DX - similar subject
5 months ago

I took pictures of malacothamnus flowers (in the mallow family)  in our yard at the end of March.  I first took pictures with my Panasonic G6 + Olympus 60mm macro lens.  The next day, I took pictures with a Nikon D5000 with Sigma 150mm macro lens.  (I normally used the 150mm lens on a D7000 but that day, I wanted to try the lens on the ~ 1 lb. lighter D5000 body.)

with Panasonic G6 + Olympus 60mm macro lens.

with Nikon D5000 + Sigma 150mm macro lens.

The subject isn't quite the same but it was close.  The light may not have been the same but it was close.

In both cases, the camera was on a tripod and the shutter speed was high enough to avoid problems with subject movement.

I've been using m43 gear since the beginning of March and have decided that for my closeup/macro work, the m43 camera can deliver equivalent results.  m43 features like focus peaking, blinkies, usable controls and the touch screen make give me more keepers with less anxiety and less work.

Old Listener's gear list:Old Listener's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Nikon D5000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow