Cancelled my FZ1000 order for now.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,041Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon 1 V3 has Phase detect.
In reply to phazelag, 5 months ago

I'm not sure that Nikon wants to be competitive. For years they have produced superzoom cameras that cannot compare with the Panasonic FZ lineup. My impression is that they make a product to have something to offer friends and relatives of Nikon DSLR owners. I have owned Nikon cameras for years (DSLRs) and when I was looking for a superzoom, I considered all brands and wound up with the FZ150 after owning an FZ20 several years ago. Occasionally I get excited by Nikon's advanced P&S models, but when I read the reviews, that fades away.

phazelag wrote:

Lab D wrote:

Looks like another wish list turned rumor.

As for a an RX10 II, The 1 inch sensor has not changed much and none have PDAF pxiels to compete with the FZ1000 DFD. IF they increase the focal length the lens will get a lot larger or aperture smaller. Worst of all Sony has a habit of raising prices or keep price points the same (if new features are added especially) so expect another $1300 IF one ever comes which it may not for a while. I doubt they will add 4K soon because they are still trying to sell the AX100 for $2000.

I think if Nikon wants to be competitive the will put the same 1 inch sensor from the V3 in this camera. It has Phase detect and the reports say its pretty fast.

-- hide signature --

If life is, indeed, a journey, ask yourself how you can make it as interesting as possible, so that at each day's end, you can give a good accounting of what you have learned.

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow