Cancelled my FZ1000 order for now.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,660Gear list
Like?
Re: Check out these photos with that sensor and 70-300 CX
In reply to semifast, 5 months ago

semifast wrote:

The V3 with the 70-300mm is 800mm equivalent focal length at the long end.

I know it has better zoom reach, but for me the 400mm of the FZ1000 is probably sufficient, assuming the lens is high quality. I currently use 300mm on my 12 MP APS-C DSLR (480mm equiv. focal length). More reach is nice, but for me image quality (= sharp lens), close focus capability and fast AF are more important than maximum zoom reach.

A low cost alternative would be a Nikon J3, $199 for a refurb right now, and the 30-110mm which is a 70-300mm equivalent.

I really need a viewfinder and want the best possible sensor - because frankly, most Nikon 1 images look VERY soft and noisy compared to what I'm using now. Also, I need fast AF and high speed (the combo would be used for nature/wildlife, one of my subjects is flying dragonflies). I don't think the J3 would make sense for me.

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow