ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eric Lawton
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Canon 1DS Mark III - Need Advice Please
1 month ago

Hello,

I'm going to try and make this short and sweet.  I recently got the opportunity to go spend a week in California with a good friend of the family.  He is a landscape photographer like me, and he is going to take me to photograph some amazing seascapes, the redwood forest(my dream), and many other beautiful places.

I will be leaving in September to go and I really want a 1D series body being that I have always like the files produced form the 1D series bodies.  They have a better color and dynamic range to them.  I have the opportunity to pick up a used 1DS Mark III that has quite a few little scratches on ir for $1400.  I know it's a good deal for that camera, BUT my question to everyone is: since the camera is older, is there anyone who still replaces the shutter on them of it were to crap out on me eventually?  I just want to know that if I spend $1400 that it will last me a while and I can have the shutter replaced if it needs it.

Thanks so much!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow