Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OpticsEngineer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,468Gear list
Like?
New TSA rules. International Travel. Devices must power up
2 months ago

Cell phones and laptops that can not turn on (dead or low battery) will not be allowed on international flights (from/to USA) due to security concerns.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-tightens-security-electronics-overseas-airports-n149186

I guess I will be sure to keep my batteries charged up.   Last year I shot so many pictures on my Pentax K01 the baterry was was dead when I got to the airport.  The German security had me take the lens off so they could look through it.  Then it was okay to take.  But the process slowed things down quite a bit - good thing we always get to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

The worst delay for me was in the US. I had a cute tiny little folding table top tripod.  Looked too much like a pocket knife on the XRAY machine.  It took forever for them to find it in my carry-on so they could see it was not knife.  (Of course they could not tell me it was a tripod they wanted to look at, or even what they were looking for.  They just had to unpack everything.)

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Fujifilm XF1 +22 more
Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow