Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
filups21
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
G1X II good for macro?
1 month ago

I'm in the market for a point-and-shoot that takes good close-ups of fairly small objects at night. I used a Canon SX110IS for several years, and while it took some pretty good nighttime close-ups (e.g.), I want an upgrade. Reviewers universally love the Sony RX100II, so I got one last year, but I hate its macro. It only seems to work if you're zoomed completely out and then get to within 1-2 cm of the object. This is problem if you're using the flash (the lens blocks the flash), or if you don't want to be that close. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but I'm ready to give up and get a different camera with friendlier macro. One of the things that I loved about my old Canon is that on macro it gave a minimum focal distance in cm for any given zoom (sony doesn't). Does the G1X II give minimum focal distance in actual distances? What are people's experiences with macro on this camera?

ANSWER:
G1 X II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow