Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jay2k
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
The emotional consequence of moving to Fuji
3 months ago

I sold my canon dSLR about 6 months ago. That required much thought, research and eventually taking a view that fuji was the way to go.

Six months on, I am now selling my flash tiggers and four other canon lens. I have to admin, it is like the stages in getting divorced... first there is the pain of separation and then acceptance, followed by the renewed realisation of "this is it, this really is the end" when it comes to signing the divorce papers... Suddenly I am questioning my reasons for moving to fuji

Most lens I want to own on the Fuji I already own for for the Canon, depreciation has taken its toll. Selling the 17-55 2.8 for £450 and aiming to buy the Fuji 17-55 2.8 WR which we all suspect will cost £900+ is making me wonder why I disbanded after building my collection at great costs.

Having owned the XT1 for a few months, I am happy with the size and of course have mixed feeling about the other bits, but in general, I am very happy with the move.

I have to keep reminding myself.. weight, weight weight!

On the subject of weight... I am holding out on any new fuji lens in case I need faster lens but kepping the overall weight down. That might prompt a move to Olympus 4/3 purely due to the same reason, a light camera and an even lighter lens

At this point image quality is no longer important. They are all VERY good

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow