Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
zakaria
Senior MemberPosts: 1,588Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax K100D & K200D
In reply to audiobomber, 2 months ago

caractacus wrote:

I presently have both of these cameras, which I use with the following lenses -

SO, my question is, If I get another K200 to replace the K100, am I correct in assuming that it would perform much better with the Macro lens?

Have I missed something? A second K200D will perform exactly like your existing K200D, unless one of them is defective.

My priorities for a camera are, Use of AA batteries, Top mounted LCD panel, and capable of taking pictures that please me. I modify the photos with an iMac, and print a lot at A4 size ( I guess that an A3 is on my wishlist).

I suggest you revisit your wish list, which seems unnecessarily moribund. The natural replacement for a K200D is either a K-30 or K-50. Both are a match for your K200D in most respects (AA batteries, WR, light weight). More significantly the newer bodies provide higher resolution, lower noise, increased dynamic range, twin control dials, larger, brighter OVF, faster processing & continuous shooting, focus peaking & magnification, and video capability). The only thing lacking is a top plate (also no battery grip available, but that wasn't on your list).

I've had several Pentax cameras, with and without top plate. A top plate is nice to have, but not nearly as important to me as the responsive handling of twin dials, or the clarity of a 100% coverage pentaprism OVF. The top plate shows the same information provided in the LCD, only there's less of it. Higher performance (increased SNR, DR & resolution) will improve your photos. A top plate will not, it is merely a convenience. Is it even illuminated on a K200D? I know it is not on a K100D.

-- hide signature --

Dan

The k 200 was a nice camera when released. The main advance is it's ccd sensor which is superb at low iso .

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

zakaria's gear list:zakaria's gear list
Nikon D7000 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow