Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Avobanana
Regular MemberPosts: 305Gear list
Like?
Changes to D810 Sensor?
2 months ago

I live in Japan. So today I went down to the camera stores and grabbed a brochure for the upcoming D810.

What caught my eyes is a description of how they acheived ISO64. Based on my limited Japanese, it seems to say that the underlying pixel bin (or diode) can store 2/3 more light intensity information. If you look at the pictures below, those yellow dots illustrates cmulative intensity information (its not a physical structure). Most importantly, it says its a newly designed chip at the top.

Assuming that what is said is true, logically does that mean the dynamic range will increase further for other ISO settings (since each pixel bin can now store more intensity information)???

No one seems to be talking about this in the media...could that be? A further improvement in dynamic range in an already outstanding sensor?

Avobanana's gear list:Avobanana's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +2 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow