Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Barry Stewart
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,259Gear list
Like?
E-M1 not weather resistant?
5 months ago

I've had my E-M1 and 50-200 SWD and MMF-3 in some fairly steady rain during 3 or 4 soccer games — and each time, I've gotten the feeling that there's a bit of moisture getting in, after an hour or so of rain. Before today, it was seen through less responsiveness in focus or button/dial activation. Today, the sun came out and the EVF got steamed up.

This was with a hotshoe cap in place… though there was some moisture under it when I took it off.

I never had these concerns with my E-1 or E-5.

The lens didn't fog up, though several photos turned up foggy. I removed the lens to see if the sensor was fogged and it didn't seem to be. I put the lens back on and the photos were clear again.

There are two small holes at the front/sides of the pentaprism. What are these for?

Thoughts… or similar concerns?

Not monsoon rain… but pretty steady.

Temporary fogging of images, which cleared up after I removed the lens for a moment, then put it back on. The rain had stopped by this time and the air was clear.

-- hide signature --

Barry

Barry Stewart's gear list:Barry Stewart's gear list
Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +9 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow