Like?
Re: Check out these photos with that sensor and 70-300 CX
In reply to Lab D, 3 months ago

Lab D wrote:

phazelag wrote:

Lab D wrote:

phazelag wrote:

Lab D wrote:

Looks like another wish list turned rumor.

As for a an RX10 II, The 1 inch sensor has not changed much and none have PDAF pxiels to compete with the FZ1000 DFD. IF they increase the focal length the lens will get a lot larger or aperture smaller. Worst of all Sony has a habit of raising prices or keep price points the same (if new features are added especially) so expect another $1300 IF one ever comes which it may not for a while. I doubt they will add 4K soon because they are still trying to sell the AX100 for $2000.

I think if Nikon wants to be competitive the will put the same 1 inch sensor from the V3 in this camera. It has Phase detect and the reports say its pretty fast.

OOh, I forgot about that sensor. IQ is pretty lousy compared to the Sony sensor. I would have no interest and would rather have DFD focusing and superior IQ.

I think the IQ was the older sensors.

The V3 is not very impressive.

http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100-III-versus-Nikon-1-V3___957_947

I am sure there is something to those scores, but they also rate the M43 sensors low, the images from my M43 are cleaner than my RX10 which gets about an equal score.  I have some .raw files from both in the same conditions, but there are too many variables to make scientific comparison.  Like having better lenses on the M43 body.  My guess is that I could get images I am excited about with the V3 sensor, but you could be right.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow