Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
strathglass
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Sell (D800+D300s+17-55/f2.8) for D810?
3 months ago

I am posting this question here because it relates to the adequacy of the D810 for action.

I am thinking of selling my D800 (with grip) and my D300s (with grip) along with my Nikon 17-55/f2.8:

this would be put toward a new D810 (with grip).

Fact is I very rarely use the D300s anymore, and action shots (e.g. BIF) where the D300s is helpful, aren't a big portion of my shots. So it is hard to justify keeping it any more.

However *if* Nikon were to ever come out with a D400 would I regret not having it if I had just the D810? It seems to me the D810 sounds like it has just enough enhancements (auto focus, frame rate, etc.) that it would keep me happy for the modest level of action shots I would be taking.

Seem reasonable?

Of course without real world D810s out there to test, I am wondering if I should even be considering this yet...I've never been such an early adopter. Although in this case as a second generation body I believe it is less risky.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow