Corner tests for 16-35 f/4 vs. 16-35 f/2.8 (v.1) vs. 24-70 f/2.8L II

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
hotdog321
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,692
Like?
Re: Corner tests for 16-35 f2.8 MkII
In reply to Jay A, 2 months ago

I KNOW you are not talking about shooting a chart. I was the one who brought up the chart analogy to show you how ANY test would be useless using your criteria. Do you not understand this or are you just satisfied with calling me lazy and being done with it? I am suggesting that any test be taken with a grain of salt and taken for what it is. I frankly think that way too many people put WAAAAY too much emphasis on internet lens tests. However, I still feel that the test shots done here are of some value as all other variables are consistent (with the one exception of the third lens having been thrown into the mix).

Yeah, I just threw in the 24-70 f/2.8L II because I had it handy and used it many times on assignments. I've been deeply impressed with its sharpness and resistance to flare and wanted to see if the new 16-35 f/4L IS was in any way comparable. It is, within the limitations of this basic test.

A really fun test would be the three Canon 16-35mm lenses side by side.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow