Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,423Gear list
Like?
Will Be Evaluating the A6000
1 month ago

I had to sell my rather loved Fuji system due to being out of work for over 3 months. So I wanted to replace it with something that would at least have some level of performance. I spent some time at BestBuy and they had a steal of a deal when you got the A6000 with it's kit lens you get the 55-210 in that sexy black for just $150, so I figured I'd give it a try. The salesman assured me I had 15 days to love it or leave it. So I'll be road testing it at home in my environment where I've tested many a camera prior and am most familiar with what to expect. In particular I'll be checking for it's ability to get shots without motion blur as i"m not a particularly steady shooter. Nearly all I've tested prior did the trick in that regard so if the Sony is up to the task regarding it's OIS I'll be happy. Next will be "noise" both at lower and higher ISO's. I HATE read noise as well as generated noise from higher ISO's. The Fuji excelled at this and a Canon 6D I tried did well also. Not so much with Micro 4/3rds which has noise even at base ISO. I am particularly sensitive to camera's that generate sky noise even at lower ISO's so hopefully this won't. Yeah I know that kit power zoom isn't the bees knees but it's a good trial to see what it can do. If it does well I would likely go for the Zeiss 16-70 f4 anyway. So wish me luck I'lll get back to this thread later after I've had a chance to check it out. I must say that Gary Fong video for B&H swayed me to at least try it. The "Camera Store" in Canada also did a convincing review. We'll see get back to ya later.

-- hide signature --

Fuji X-T1 Camera, Fuji 18-55 f2.8-f4 Lens, Fuji 55-200 f4-f5.6 Lens, Fuji 23mm f1.4 Lens, Fuji 56mm f1.2R Lens, waiting for the Fuji mount Nissin i40 Flash, Picturecode PhotoNinja, LightZone, Adobe Lightroom 5.4

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow