Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tapper123
Senior MemberPosts: 1,172Gear list
Like?
RX100M3 - very slow startup issue?
5 months ago

I've noticed an issue with my RX100M3, and want to see if it's just mine.

What I've discovered is that if I power on after charging, or not using it for a while, or after removing and reinserting the battery, the camera will take about 8 or 9 seconds to fully startup and let me take a photo. It does this regardless of whether I turn it on via the power button or ejecting the EVF, and regardless of whether an SD card is present or not. So I'm pretty sure it is directly related to the battery, as it's completely reproducible by removing and inserting the battery.

Note I am using the battery that came with my RX100M3, so before anyone asks, it's definitely an official Sony battery.

Needless to say, this is an unacceptable behavior.

Can someone please test this for me. Just open the battery door, take out the battery wait 5 seconds, and reinsert it. Then turn the camera on. Does it start normally (i.e. 2 seconds) or take a long time like mine?

Thanks.

Tapper123's gear list:Tapper123's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +2 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow