Milkweed alert

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Old Listener
Regular MemberPosts: 218Gear list
Like?
Re: Milkweed alert
In reply to GeorgianBay1939, 2 months ago

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

"The names might not resonate in Canada but in the US, they are part of our nation's history." au contraire --- The Lewis and Clark Expedition is right up there with Alexander Mackenzie , Radisson and Groseilliers (Radishes and Gooseberries), Thompson, Fraser, et al in ( usually romanticized) accounts of exploration of the continent by "europeans" --- all gist for the History of North America subjects that we took in school.

Re your trip to Atlantic Canada. I am not much help. Never lived there. Visited it many times but usually at very high speed and from a very high altitude flying military kites over the countryside, occasionally to land to refuel or for crew rest at an AFB.

I have visited a few times by land and remember a few very scenic spots up north of Moncton ... Kouchibouguac especially... and Cavendish beach on PEI ... and the NS side of the Bay of Fundy ... and Halifax with nearby Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg and the beautiful drive up to Cape Breton Island.

Never explored Nfld. But Gros Morne, the Viking settlements at L'Anse aux Meadows and those fishing outposts on the East Coast would be on my list.

IMHO Canadian Maritimers are BY FAR the most hospitable of Canadians. Its worthwhile getting off of the beaten path to get to know them.

Thanks for the travel advice.  It was a long shot to ask but I knew that you would have been sensitive to natural attractions that matter to us.

The courage, audacity, resourcefulness (and luck) of early European explorers continues to awe me.

some of our photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bill_lesley_photos/
http://naturelover.smugmug.com/

Old Listener's gear list:Old Listener's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Nikon D5000 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow