Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
caractacus
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
Pentax K100D & K200D
5 months ago

Hi, I'm new here, so please be patient while I fill in the background.

I presently have both of these cameras, which I use with the following lenses -

Sigma 17-70 f 2.8-4.5,  Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro. I also have a Tokina 400mm f5.6. I also have a Mecablitz Ringflash.

I am a very casual photographer, who goes hiking, and carries a camera to take photos of insects, flowers, scenery, buildings, and anything that looks interesting. My garden, surrounded by forest, has hundreds of butterflies, and other insects, and it is really only here that I use the Macro lens. I don't generally take action or people photos, and have a Panasonic HDC-SD90 camcorder for video.

My priorities for a camera are, Use of AA batteries, Top mounted LCD panel, and capable of taking pictures that please me. I modify the photos with an iMac, and print a lot at A4 size ( I guess that an A3 is on my wishlist).

I really like my 200D, and it does every thing that I need, (I don't like live view), and I cannot find another camera that combines the features that I want.

SO, my question is, If I get another K200 to replace the K100, am I correct in assuming that it would perform much better with the Macro lens?

I can get one in excellent condition, with the two kit lenses, for 200 Euros which seems good value. I have also just bought a Lumix TZ60 as a pocket camera.

I realize that these are old cameras, probably long past their sell-by date, but so am I, so they suit my style.

Any advice much appreciated.

caractacus's gear list:caractacus's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Minolta DiMAGE A1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Pentax K100D Pentax K200D +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K100D Pentax K200D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow