Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cmalbon
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
My First post, please Help me decide
2 weeks ago

This most likely isn't where I should be asking my question but I thought maybe I could get more unbiased and expert opinions if I post here. Please forgive me if I'm breaking some forum rule. I have been searching for a new camera and the more I research, the more confused I get. I'm not a professional photographer but I have some skills and understanding of the basics. I shoot a lot of still items for my online shop selling mostly antique jewelry. I also like to do portraits and landscape photos. I don't want a large camera, because I'm old and would never lug it around. I would like to be able to set the exposure, the iso, shutter speed, aperture quickly without going into the menu too much. I also would need a good fast lens, as shallow DOP is critical for me. I don't care about video, IQ is upmost. I would like a viewfinder, tilt screen would be good but it's not critical, IQ and shallow DOP is the most important. I sometimes shoot RAW but mostly JEPG. My budget is around 700-800. I was all ready to get the fuji X100 as I was thinking I most likely wouldn't  bother to change lenses anyway. Then started to look at the Sony A6000. Also was considering the NEX line and the Fuji mirrorless cameras. Can be an old model of anything, I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, just nice IQ. Can someone just tell me what to do, my head is reeling with confusion. Thanks all!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow