e-m10 or e-m5

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,698Gear list
Like?
Re: e-m10 or e-m5
In reply to Giso Boon, 2 months ago

Giso Boon wrote:

There's not been spoken about the placing off the SD-card slot, also the misplacing off the USB and HDMI connectors on the right side isn't brought up.

That's a good point.

The E-M10 combines the memory card into the battery slot bay, just like all the other cheap cameras do... while the E-M5 and E-M1 have separate compartments for the battery and the memory card.

This was probably done to save space, and make the E-M10 a little smaller than the E-M5.

I don't know how much difference this makes, but all the "better cameras" have separate compartments for batteries and memory cards. I'm just grateful that Olympus didn't do something really stupid like use a Micro SD card like Nikon did in their Nikon 1 V3.

I find these thing rather important since I use it a lot. Also the accesoire port is missing on the E-M10.

I think the accessory port was removed because the E-M10 has a built in flash, and WIFI makes Penpal completely unnecessary. There is a mono microphone built right in, and this won't be anyone's high end video camera. They probably never sold very many of those macro lights, so removing the port became a good idea. Removing the port enables the E-M10 to be lower and sleeker than the E-M5. The "hump" doesn't look quite as huge now.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EM-5New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow