Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
Re: a77 mk2 is fastest AF i've used!
In reply to MikeNannie, 3 months ago

MikeNannie wrote:

danny006 wrote:

garykohs wrote:

danny006 wrote:

Can you explane how you activate lock on af for bif?

Because if it takes a long time I won't even bother using it. And can you use it when center focus point is used?

-- hide signature --

www.alex-digitalpics.be by Sony

Lock-on Expanded Flexible Spot is a separate AF mode. So if you are in that mode you don't have to do anything special or extra - just AF as normal. You can select the center point.

Don't you have to push some button first to lock on your subject?

-- hide signature --

www.alex-digitalpics.be by Sony

I'm still leaning my new a77ii, but here is how the lock on works based on my experience thus far.

In the EVF, you'll see a black box, same size as the green focus box in the center focus location. Place that black box over the subject you want to start tracking. Half press the shutter release and the box will turn green. It's now locked onto that subject / target. It will stay locked on until you click the shutter or release the shutter button.

You must be in continuous focus mode and select lock on flexible point focus mode.

I'm going to test this tomorrow at an air show tracking planes.

It seems to me so far that lock on mode is a good mode for most of my photography. I used it last night for glowing hot air balloons at dusk and it seemed to work well even though the target wasn't moving much. I should have selected a higher ISO and shutter however since it was almost dark.

Mike, how did the A77II perform at the airshow. It's on my radar screen to purchase for airshows, because the Af tracking an fps capabilities. Thanks.

Douglas

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow