Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 9,161Gear list
Like?
Re: That's terrific, grinner
In reply to s_grins, 2 months ago

s_grins wrote:

Hen3ry wrote:

It could have been just a mess with lines going everywhere, but you gave it enough DOF t sort them out. Excellent.

Thank you, Geoff for your kind appreciation.

Just to add to a topic: other day I've found well forgotten Pana DMW-LC52 close up lens. Today I've mounted this lens on 14-45 kit lens, and to my surprise, this combination was pleasantly easy to use: @ FL=45 AF was functional with distance to subject approx. 40cm to 2cm.

Next time I'll try this little lens with Pana 45-200.

The bad thing is that I got spoiled with easiness of getting result, and now I do not want to carry my big gun Sigma 2.8/90 MACRO.

Uh oh! Head space problems blowing up in Panny land! LOL.

A neat little combination like that can do bad stuff to you. Are you too lazy to carry the extra lens? you ask yourself. No, it's not that, it's just… Well, spit it out, son, its just what? Uh, umm, you know… (unpleasant sight of adult feet shuffling like those of embarrassed schoolboy!)

Okay, let’s getover this: www.ebay.com…

LOL.

I got so hooked on the Oly 40-150 with an old 2x Oly c/u lens or the Raynox 250 on he front of it that I have never got around to buying a dedicated macro lens. Wonderful results. I keep seeing great hots with the Oly 60, though.

Actually, the Raynox 250 is too much; I might buy the 150 instead. In fact, I should have done that a couple of years ago. Talk about inertia.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Thx.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow