Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
newmikey
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,829Gear list
Like?
A golden combo - creating new land
4 weeks ago

It is said that God created the world but the Dutch created Holland. Well, I took my K-5 IIs to the North-Sea beach yesterday to see some of that creating going on.

Sand is sucked up from the seafloor 2 miles off the coast by a dredging rig, mixed with seawater and blown under high pressure to the beach where the pipeline gets added to as new beach is created.The aim here is to protect a bit of sensitive coast against flooding even assuming sealevels will be on the rise in the next 100 years. About 4 miles of extra beach will be created, including a laguna and salt-water lake for recreation.

It was an extremely windy Saturday yesterday wind sand blasting my face as well as my camera. The DA*50-135 when combined with the K-5 IIs really is an amazing combination, delivering razor-sharp images with every seagull clearly visible, excellent exposure (with a bit of help from the exposure compensation of course) and great texture and detail. Judge for yourself:

80 ISO 1/400s Exposure f/7.1 Aperture 135mm Focal Length PENTAX K-5 II s Camera 80 ISO 1/500s Exposure f/7.1 Aperture 135mm Focal Length PENTAX K-5 II s Camera 200 ISO 1/800s Exposure f/7.1 Aperture 90mm Focal Length PENTAX K-5 II s Camera 200 ISO 1/5000s Exposure f/2.8 Aperture 135mm Focal Length PENTAX K-5 II s Camera 100 ISO 1/250s Exposure f/6.3 Aperture 90mm Focal Length PENTAX K-5 II s Camera 100 ISO 1/250s Exposure f/8 Aperture 135mm Focal Length PENTAX K-5 II s Camera

-- hide signature --
 newmikey's gear list:newmikey's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 IIs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow