Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Briansdad1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,262Gear list
Like?
Got 'em! Now, what is it? + Squirrel conquers feeder
1 month ago

I've been trying to shoot this bird since April. He's a shy one. Visits my feeder but flies off as soon as he spots me in the vicinity. I bought a remote shutter release and new tripod (more on that later) but haven't set it up yet. Anyway, today I caught him on the deck when he wasn't looking (literally). His throat is the same color as the back of his head, his belly is light gray, eyes are dark without distinguishing markings, beak slightly buff. A search for "birds found in Maine" turned up nothing similar to this one. Anybody recognize this guy? (No claims on image quality here. Just took what I could get in the second I had to get it.)

Mystery bird shoot through a glass door

Above the bird is a feeder, stuck high on a sliding glass door panel. The location stymied the squirrels for quite a while. They always win in the end. There's just inches and some glass between the squirrel and the camera. He's not brave, just cocky about being on the other side of the glass. They're so smart.

-- hide signature --

I'm not a pro. Images I post are unrestricted. Copy, edit, re-post here as part of the tread or elsewhere. C&C always welcome and encouraged - I'm not touchy about the negatives.

Briansdad1's gear list:Briansdad1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D3100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Fujifilm FinePix S5700 Zoom +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow