Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fdwill
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Your Camera Is Better Than You Are
1 month ago

Although I'm relatively new to mirrorless 4/3 cameras, I'm quite experienced with medium-format film, 35-mm film, some digital cameras, some studio work and both wet and digital darkroom printing. I'm also somewhat elderly and not a person who has completely bought into 'needing' and buying the latest and greatest. Frequently the latest and greatest (not just cameras) are the result of marketing efforts without very useful improvements to simply make a buck.

With few exceptions, the u4/3 cameras and lenses are capable of producing images of superb quality and I regret to say the cameras and lenses are better than most of us are as photographers. This is not meant to insult others but to suggest you review if the problem with your images is because of the camera/lens or because of the photographer. I propose that most of the time it is because of you the photographer- not the equipment.

Does your camera/lens produce what you want? If not, is it because of the camera or lens? In another's hands will it do better? Is replacing your equipment the best way to become a better photographer or could you learn to improve in other ways? Have you spent the time to explore what your camera is capable of doing? Probably a lot more than you want it to do.

Food for thought!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow