jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,419Gear list
Like?
Re: July Garden shots
In reply to yyr, 5 months ago

yyr wrote:

jalywol wrote:

I'm using an A7 as my main camera now. I like it very much, but there is rather a bit of a learning curve

-J

Really? I thought you got on so well with the EM1?

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

I think the EM1 is a wonderful camera. There were two things that made me decide to try FF; the first being that I just could not get used to the Oly menu/button logic, no matter how I customized the camera. When you've had a camera for six months and you are still pushing the wrong buttons to get what you need, there is a basic user brain/camera incompatibility there. I also just kept bumping up against the limits of all of the M43 sensors for what I do. Sure, that's a pixel peeper's complaint, and it's really the only one I have with the system overall...I just kept wanting each generation of new sensor to be just what I wanted, and it's so close, but...... So, I figured I'd try a full frame camera, and the Sonys are the only ones small enough for me to be comfortable handling, so that was why I gave in to my GAS and bought one.

Someone else asked me about this, so I posted more, if you want to read it.

Honestly, I still think M43 is a great system, and its lens line up is really wonderful (which is painfully obvious by comparison to the native lenses for the A7). I just needed to expand out from it for my main camera to give me a different technical perspective on what I've been shooting for the past few years.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53973005

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Thx.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow