+++++ This week through your m43 -- 5 July +++++

Started Jul 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
jalywol
jalywol Veteran Member • Posts: 7,245
Re: July Garden shots

yyr wrote:

jalywol wrote:

I'm using an A7 as my main camera now. I like it very much, but there is rather a bit of a learning curve

-J

Really? I thought you got on so well with the EM1?

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

I think the EM1 is a wonderful camera. There were two things that made me decide to try FF; the first being that I just could not get used to the Oly menu/button logic, no matter how I customized the camera. When you've had a camera for six months and you are still pushing the wrong buttons to get what you need, there is a basic user brain/camera incompatibility there. I also just kept bumping up against the limits of all of the M43 sensors for what I do. Sure, that's a pixel peeper's complaint, and it's really the only one I have with the system overall...I just kept wanting each generation of new sensor to be just what I wanted, and it's so close, but...... So, I figured I'd try a full frame camera, and the Sonys are the only ones small enough for me to be comfortable handling, so that was why I gave in to my GAS and bought one.

Someone else asked me about this, so I posted more, if you want to read it.

Honestly, I still think M43 is a great system, and its lens line up is really wonderful (which is painfully obvious by comparison to the native lenses for the A7). I just needed to expand out from it for my main camera to give me a different technical perspective on what I've been shooting for the past few years.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53973005

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow