Seeking Advice on Video Shooting and Processing

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JeanPierre Martel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,910Gear list
Like?
Re: Seeking Advice on Video Shooting and Processing
In reply to averacpa, 2 months ago

averacpa wrote:

I want to use the equipment I have to add a video component to my travels. I am just starting out and looking for basic advice and tips on how to shoot and process videos (...) Specifically what books or guides to read, which software is easier to edit and splice the various clips, what tips and settings to use on my equipment, etc..

The main camera will be the EM-1 with the Panny GX-1 as backup or setup with the 45-150. I am also using a Mac Pro computer.

When I'm travelling, I'm taking stills and movie clips with an OM-D e-m1 (for colour photos) and a Panasonic GH1 (for infrared shots) and I mix and match them to created slideshows which illustrate what I've seen abroad.

To create these slideshows, I'm using Fotomagico for Mac. It's available at the App store for US$100. This software is very user friendly: you just drag'n drop stills and movies from the Finder to Fotomagico, and, in the case of clips, select the entry and end point of each clip.

These are two examples. The first one contains 83 stills (some are infrared shots) and 19 clips (mostly at the end of the slideshow):
http://jpmartel.wordpress.com/2013/10/12/miramar/ (forget the French text)

...while the second example is mostly made from clips:
http://jpmartel.wordpress.com/2013/09/06/lhotel-nacional-de-la-havane/ (forget the French text)

Fotomagico has some primitive tools to adjust white balance and brightness. It's not a professional software and, consequently, is quite easy to learn.

JeanPierre Martel's gear list:JeanPierre Martel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow