What camera do you have, and what do you love about it?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Caerolle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,490Gear list
Like?
What camera do you have, and what do you love about it?
3 months ago

I got the idea for this thread from the one by Marty4650, "What one thing will motivate you to buy a new camera?":

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53966189

A lot of people seem really happy with what they have, or less positively, feel that the camera they have is at least as good as they can currently find. Or maybe just aren't that picky.

I will start. I have a Canon 6D, and wouldn't trade it for any other camera made right now. I won't go into where it falls short for me, but rather will say why I love it.

I love the images I get. Every time I open a new image in Lr (at least one where I did my part right), I just go, "Wow!". I love the controls. I can very quickly and easily change the three exposure controls with the camera to my eyes. I love the way preview works, the customization options are awesome, and the menu system is great. And it is a very responsive camera! The camera feels just right in my hands, I smile every time I use it, and often just take pictures of things around our house from the couch just to take pictures.

The big bright viewfinder is a dream. The PDAF is fast and smooth, and the Live View AF/MF is flexible and dead-on and smooth, if slow. Though many are expensive, I can get a lens for pretty much any situation, and in most cases, have multiple options. Long battery life, and even changing the battery is well-designed: the door pops open, the new battery goes in one way, and the door snaps shut easily, no fiddling or fumbling. And of course, a well-developed flash system.

Overall, a great, fun-to-use camera!

Tell us the great stuff about *your* system!

-- hide signature --

Not because I think they are good, but because I would like to improve (feel free to provide me with feedback):
http://500px.com/carolteater

Caerolle's gear list:Caerolle's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow